After reading countless reviews and watching a ton of videos about it, I took the plunge. It was a little painful but it's Chanel, so it's justified?:) There has been plenty of hype surrounding this wonderful product that I thought it's time I gave it a go.
I was requested by a reader (my first request *yay*) for a review on this product as she has similar skintone to me. Just for reference i'm a NC40 in Mac Foundations. So I decided to give it a test run before writing up this post. Now initially I wasn't blown away as I thought I would be, but I persisted i.e trying to get my money's worth. Used it for a good 3 weeks and i've come to a decision that yes it is worth the hype. Here's why:
- Consistency, its a creamy texture that blends flawlessly on your face, there's no need of really spending time buffing it in, it just blends into your skin magically.
- The look, a perfect glow to your skin, just right for my skintone.It has no shimmers but because its a cream product it gives a dewy glow to your face which if you can't tell im a massive fan of:)
- No obvious line as you sometimes see with other contouring products but more of a natural contour that's perfect for my skintone. Basically I sucked at contouring till now.
- A little goes a long way with this product, I bought this now almost a month ago and have been using it for a good part of the month and have hardly made a dent, so i guess its bang for your buck* i would like to think*
- The scent, now I know a lot of people love it, but I just can't put my finger on it. It doesn't bother me or break me out but I wouldn't mind if it was unscented.
- Price, this cost me a little over AUD$65 so yes its pricey.
|Heavy swatch & blended in.|
So obviously it's not a perfect product. You would either love it or hate it and since it comes with a hefty price-tag, I would advise to look up reviews before you take the plunge. In my opinion, all thought there might be some negatives, overall I would repurchase it.
Have you tried the Bronze Universal? What do you think?